Astral Camino 200 PFD
Item: 40077.02 | Product Description »
- The Airescape ventilation system's mesh liner, contoured inner foam and airflow ports combine to eliminate excess heat build-up and perspiration. Great for boating in hot and humid conditions.
- Two large zippered front pockets hold all the essentials.
- Two hand pockets, sewn behind the front storage pockets, also serve as carabiner parks for your tow tether 'biner.
- The jacket is compatible with the Astral 1.5" quick-release belt (not included, call for custom order).
- The ergonomic design offers great fit and range of motion.
- Reflective tape on the front shoulders improves low-light visibility.
- Six adjustment points for a custom fit.
- The waist belt snugs the jacket to your body to prevent ride up.
- This jacket carries the US Coast Guard Certification, through testing by Underwriters Laboratories (UL).
- Lightweight PE foam comfortably molds to your body, and the two large storage pockets hold all your stuff.
|US Coast Guard Type:||III|
|Design Flotation:||17.3 lbs.|
|Outer Fabric:||200 x 400-denier ripstop nylon|
|Entry System:||Front zip|
The full-featured Astral Camino 200 PFD features the Airescape advanced ventilation system, keeping you cool and comfortable all day long.
Choosing a good-fitting life jacket that's designed for the type of boating you do is important for your safety. Whether you are kayaking, rafting, canoeing, fishing or stand up paddling, there's a US Coast Guard-approved PFD that's just right for you. In this video, we go over the types of life jackets most commonly worn by boaters and offer tips for choosing one you'll be comfortable wearing all the time you're on the water.
Choosing a life jacket, or personal flotation device (PFD), that fits well for all-day wearing comfort is one of the most important water safety decisions you make. In this video we show you how to tighten the straps to ensure the jacket won't ride up when you're in the water. When deciding on a life jacket, wear it around the shop for a while to be sure it's all-day comfortable. Then, be sure to always wear it when you're on the water!
Do you have questions about this product?
Get answers from real customers and in-house experts with AnswerBox.
- Astral Camino 200 PFD
Q:I'm 5 6 about 170. Bought this for my dive/rescue team. Would this be good for my weight or should I go with a bigger size?Asked on 3/27/2015 by jeff from United States
A:It should be fine for your size and height. It's a very comfortable pfd.
I'm 6'1", weigh 210, and used it on my raft trip. Got knocked out of the
boat once and it didn't float me quite high enough, but I blame it on not
having the vest snugged enough at the bottom and it road up a little.
A:Jeff, when you see a jacket list a single "Design Flotation," in this case 17.3 pounds, all of the sizes have the same amount of flotation. The only difference in the sizes is the length of the straps. Of all the many jackets we carry, only the Extrasport Swiftwater Ranger, Item # 40120.01, has different amounts of flotation per size. The average adult needs an extra 7-12 pounds of flotation to keep their head above water that is relatively still. Aerated whitewater is less supportive. This jacket has quite a bit more flotation than the 15.5 pound minimum. Since you are doing rescue work you may be interested in adding the accessory quick-release belt Astral offers. Give us a call to special order that belt or with any questions, 800.635.5202.Answered on 3/27/2015 by Clyde from NRS
A:I'm 6-1, 180 and this works great for me. Good luck!Answered on 3/27/2015 by Anonymous
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Hard to Adjust
- Rides Up in Water
Comments about Astral Camino 200 PFD:
I am returning this product. I do like the color and the floatation in this pfd, however I found the waist band adjustment to be difficult and I think it would ride up on me because of the waist.
- Was this a gift?: