NRS Alley Cat Cataraft Frame
- NRS frame systems are the easiest frame systems on the market to customize. This completely adjustable and adaptable cataraft frame lets you rearrange the pieces to suit your needs.
- The Alley Cat Frame lets you carry a cooler or a dry box, either of which can serve as a seat for a passenger.
- Place the cooler/dry box in the front or back of the frame. Brace your feet against the yoke, or use the foot bar if you don't have a passenger.
- There is 31" of space between the lower side rails on the 66" wide frame, and 37" of space on the 72" wide frame.
- Hot-forged aluminum alloy LoPro™ Fittings are the heart of the NRS frame system, and allow complete adjustability for all frame parts.
- NRS 8" Oar Mounts are lighter, sleeker and stronger than ever with hot-forged aluminum alloy construction and a nylon insert to reduce rowing friction.
- Create your rower's seat bar for the padded Drain-Hole Seat by U-bolting the Universal Seat Mount to one of the cross bars. This allows you to precisely set the location of the seat and the seat angle.
- Frame includes: Four Side Rails, two Yokes, Foot Bar, two Cross Bars, Universal Seat Mount, set of Adjustable Cooler Mounts, High-Back Drain-Hole Seat and pair of 8" Oar Mounts.
- NRS Cataraft Yokes place the center of the lower side rails 11 1/8" below the center of the top side rail. Generally they work best on NRS River Cats, Kodiak Cats and other manufacturer's cat tubes 24" or larger in diameter. Measure the depth of your inside D-rings to see if this is your best choice. For cats with smaller diameter tubes, the Sport Cat Frame (# 92072.04) is an excellent choice.
|66" W is 75 lbs.
|Modular Anodized Aluminum Frame
|Suggested minimum amount of straps used to secure the frame. (Sold Separately):
|4 (3' straps), 4 (4' straps) and 8 (2' straps)
- Lay out the frame parts as shown in the image above.
- Attach the Universal Seat Mount to the center of one of the cross bars.
- Begin by placing the yokes upside down with the narrow end up.
- Install U-bolts on the inner yoke LoPros. Add the washers and the nuts, leaving them loose. Slide the two inner side rails in through the U-bolts, then tighten the nuts. Alternate between the nuts to bring them down evenly.
- Turn the yoke right side up so that the inner rails are supporting the frame. Follow step 2 with the outer rails.
- Set the seat, foot, and cross bars in place and add the U-bolts, nuts and washers. Adjust the cross bar so that it fits against the cooler or dry box snugly. (It may be necessary to remove the U-bolts to make adjustments.)
- Add seat, cooler mounts, and oar mounts.
- Check to be sure that all of the U-bolts are tight. Periodically check the tightness of all nuts and bolts.