- 1/2 ounce rip-stop polyester spinnaker sailcloth, the same material used on racing yachts, is a low-stretch fabric that will not absorb water or become heavy when wet.
- Easy-to-use clips make rigging the Scout quick and simple.
- Can be clipped to just about anything, including deck lines, cleats, bungees, pad eyes, fairleads, thwarts, gunwale handholds or a bench seat.
- Deploys in a matter of seconds.
- The WindPaddle design keeps the sail's center of force low, making the boat/sail combination stable and easy to handle.
- A clear window in the center lets you see where you're going.
- A continuous sheet (or steering line) allows the paddler to control the sail while holding their paddle for bracing and steering.
- Coils flat so it's easy to stow in your canoe or under your kayak's rigging.
- Super lightweight, so it won't weigh down your boat when stowed.
- Best used in 4-13 knot winds. (2-4 BFT)
|Material:||1/2 oz rip-stop polyester spinnaker sailcloth|
|Weight:||12 oz. (0.34 kg)|
|Recommended For:||Solo rec. boat to touring kayak, 8-15 feet|
|Target Wind Range:||4-13 knots (2-4 BFT)|
|Target Paddler:||Novice to intermediate|
|Off-wind Sailing Envelope:||Approximately 150°|