Whispbar Through Bar
Item: 62621.01 | Product Description »
- The annoying hum that comes from conventional roof rack crossbars is caused by air being disturbed as it flows over the bar.
- The noise is a sign of drag and it isn't just annoying, it's also making your vehicle work harder and burn more fuel.
- Whispbar technology reduces the noise and the drag by giving the crossbar an aerofoil shape, like an airplane wing.
- At the same time it's a very strong shape, capable of supporting the weights you need to carry.
- Includes two Through crossbars with towers and four SKS locks to protect your investment.
- Consult the Fit Guide for the bar length and fit kit (sold separately) you need for your vehicle.
Use the Yakima Fit Guide to determine what products work best for your particular vehicle.
Whispbar has invented the quietest rack systems on the planet. The Flush Bar blends stylishly with your vehicle, and so quietly you'll forget it's there.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Hard To Install Or Use
- Scratches Car
Comments about Whispbar Through Bar:
I put this on my 2005 4 door honda civic with the goal of carrying up to 3whitewater kayaks (40 lbs each).
Pros: Whispbars are very quiet, they look good.
Cons: Hard to install: although it is easy to slid the towers "in" (making the length of bar between the towers shorter) it is very hard to slide the towers "out". To do so required removing a spring and blocking the grooves on the bar with tape.
The clips shifted around with 120lb load and scratched the car. My old q-towers didn't do this.
- Was this a gift?: