RiverMaps Rio Chama New Mexico Guide Book
The RiverMaps™ Guide to the Rio Chama is the go-to mile-by-mile guide for planning a trip and navigating the Rio Chama, one of the major tributaries of the Rio Grande.
Size: 9" x 14"
- Flowing through scenic canyons in northwestern New Mexico, the Rio Chama is forgiving enough for the less experienced but challenging enough to keep the experienced boater's attention.
- Covers 31 miles of the Rio Chama from put-in at Cooper's El Vado Ranch to the Big Eddy takeout.
- The first 25 miles of the Rio Chama featured in this guide are designated Wild & Scenic. Permit requirements and regulations are included.
- Despite its relatively short length, The Rio Chama is one of the more hydrologically altered rivers in the western U.S., and this guide offers recommended minimum flows among other tips.
- Spiral bound format with full color topo maps on the right side and complete text descriptions on the facing page.
- Excellent mile by mile information on rapids, campgrounds, geological features, historical sites and reference points.
- The topo maps are the same scale as the original USGS maps. The contour lines and accurate shape of the river really help you keep track of where you are.
- The high-quality waterproof paper won't tear and the ink won't bleed even after going through the harshest rapids.
Size: 9" x 14"
|Author:||Duwain Whitis & Barbara Vinson|
|Size:||9" x 14"|